classpathx-javamail

[Classpathx-javamail] Re: Mail 1.0 tar ball problems

From: Fernando Nasser
Subject: [Classpathx-javamail] Re: Mail 1.0 tar ball problems
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 14:02:45 -0400

Hi Chris,

Chris Burdess wrote:
Fernando Nasser wrote:

We filed a bug with Sun and got a response back saying that we are wrong. And as the answer came from the spec head itself and from the javadoc, against all the odds, we are non-compliant.

I did not see this javadoc text he mentions BTW -- where is it?
IMHO the spec is dead wrong and violates the RFC, but we have no power to change it and probably there would be backward compatibility problems.

Can you change it to accept userid's only, even when strict is true?
We need it in the soon to be 1.1.

I've committed this change now.

Thanks!

Are there any more patches that should be
in for the next release?

Archit is zooming in the 3rd problem with MimeMultipart. It is a slow process as code has to be instrumented and sent to France at each interaction. This is the last remaining problem and once it is fixed we will be ready to roll.

Did you commit Archit's patch that fixes the second problem (disappearing of part of the attachments)? The single line one related to the CRLFInputStream ?