classpathx-javamail

[Classpathx-javamail] Re: Q: Building complex MIME messages

From: Adam Bradley
Subject: [Classpathx-javamail] Re: Q: Building complex MIME messages
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 08:06:49 +1000

Chris Burdess wrote:
Adam Bradley wrote:

I've been writing a little application which will help me move from my
current remote mailbox format to a different format, mbox.

My 'example' source message is the following

                               1
                             /   \
                            2     3 (file)
                         /     \
                        4       5
                       / \     / \
                      6   7   8   9
                    (file) \       \
                           11      10
                             \
                              12

Does anyone have any grand ideas how I might go about doing this? Current I'm going through each message in turn and recording what the
MessageID(s) of its children and prepending the previous entry such that:

1    2,3
2    4,5,3
4    6,7,5,3
6    -,7,5,3
7    11,5,3
11    5,3
5    8,9,3
8    -,9,3
9    10,3
10    -,3
3    -

From this, I want to build a MIME message and maintain the hierarchy

within the subsequent message.

You don't have to rebuild the message. Just call appendMessages on the
mbox folder with the old message. If you want to make a copy of a
MimeMessage for some reason, use the MimeMessage(MimeMessage)
constructor.

I didn't explain myself well enough, the source message format isn't MIME.

I see.

So, is the tree above a tree of messages contained in a message? or a
tree of entities which have MIME types contained in a message? or a tree
of messages in a folder?

Sorry for the delay - had to sleep!

Each number represents a message within the main message, with 3 and 6 file attachments.

Adam