classpathx-javamail

RE: [Classpathx-javamail] CVS tag structure - question - new tagspropose

From: Conrad T. Pino
Subject: RE: [Classpathx-javamail] CVS tag structure - question - new tagsproposed
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 01:57:09 -0800

Hi Chris,

> > What is the rationale behind the inverted tag structure?
>
> There isn't one really. We don't do development on the branches so the
> tags are just there as markers to retrieve a given release.

After starting this thread I downloaded every released tar and audited
the entire release history against existing CVS tags finding some gaps
and evidence indicating releases weren't always based on CVS tags as I
have seen practiced elsewhere.  I'll document more after finishing the
study.

> > Since CVS tags are cheap I propose leaving existing CVS tags
> > undisturbed and adding these:
> >
> >     release-1-0-0    (revision tag for 1.0 release)
> >
> >     release-1-1      (branch tag for 1.1 release series)
> >     release-1-1-1    (revision tag for 1.1.1 release)
> >     release-1-1-2    (revision tag for 1.1.2 release)
>
> Sounds fine.

Thank you. This part is in progress.

Conrad