classpathx-xml

[Paperclips-discuss] Re: [Classpathx-xml] Bundling gnujaxp

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: [Paperclips-discuss] Re: [Classpathx-xml] Bundling gnujaxp
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 12:43:07 +0100

>>> David Brownell <address@hidden> 20-Jul-01 8:24:05 AM >>>

    At this point I think I'd prefer to see a "gnujaxp.jar"
   shipped as one of the set of jars that get used.

The trouble is that's not as user firendly.

The GNU project is working out some details about where things should
go in a standard tree but it's still not decided.

Most free VMs don't have extension lib support (I plan to add it to
GCJ soon).

Given that, it's easier to wrap the libs into one big jar file.

    In general, I think separate jarfiles for separate components
    is the way to go.  (Another jarfile for JSP?)

Yes... but without an extension mechanism most users will find that
difficult.

I think I'll continue wrapping them up for now. Once I've got
extension support in GCJ (my preferred environment) I will add an
autoconf switch.

Nic