classpathx-xml

[Classpathx-xml] SAX parsing and embedded style sheets

From: nferrier
Subject: [Classpathx-xml] SAX parsing and embedded style sheets
Date: 18 Apr 2002 11:47:45 +0100

This is a basic question of understanding.

When I parse a document using SAX should the Aelfred run any style
sheets specified in the document?

I have a document that starts like this:

        <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" standalone="no"?>
        <?xml:stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="sdocbook.xsl"?>

When I parse this with Aelred the document I get out seems to have
been parsed through the style sheet specified, but I don't want that.

I guess I presumed that SAX parsing was a fairly low level operation
and wouldn't apply XSL.

I thought that the running of a style sheet might be the default
action of the DefaultHandler implementation of
processingInstruction. I tried overridding the method to see if that
would stop processing occurring but it doesn't seem to.

Can anyone steer me right here?

Nic