classpathx-xml

RE: [Classpathx-xml] false/false illegal setting for namespaces is permi

From: Paul Brown
Subject: RE: [Classpathx-xml] false/false illegal setting for namespaces is permitted
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 09:01:58 -0400

> From: address@hidden
> [mailto:address@hidden
> "Paul Brown" <address@hidden> writes:
> > As part of a project, I put together a feature/property
> > checker, and one of the things that it spotted is that
> > GNU JAXP allows the illegal namespaces=false,
> > namespace-prefixes=false setting.
> Hmmm... that sounds fairly simple to fix.
> Want to have a crack at it?

As long as it is agreed that this is the Right Thing To Do.  Implementing the
features as in the SAX "spec" would require that:

1) If namespace-prefixes is false, then setting namespaces to false is an
error; and vice versa.
2) Default is n=T,n-p=F.  So the naive namespace disablement action
(namespaces=false) will result in an error.

The next two questions:

1) Should the exception be thrown only on parse (to avoid the problem in 2
above)?
2) Is SAXNotSupportedException the right exception to throw?

        -- Paul