classpathx-xml

Re: Testing [was: Re: [Classpathx-xml] Proposal for the ISO character e

From: nferrier
Subject: Re: Testing [was: Re: [Classpathx-xml] Proposal for the ISO character entity bug in gnujaxp]
Date: 17 Oct 2002 11:10:43 +0100

Arnaud Vandyck <address@hidden> writes:

> Nic Ferrier <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Be very happy. It's now in the CVS.
>
> Thank you! :-)
>
> > This is the next thing. I'd like to have some tests of at least the
> > common features of DOM and SAX. I prefer not to use frameworks like
> > Junit for doing testing, I think a good main() method in a well
> > named class is just as good.
>
> But what about this project (mentioned in the README)?
> http://xmlconf.sourceforge.net/

Whoops! You're right. I forgot that.

Can you investigate whether we can integrate gnu-jaxp with the xmlconf
testsuite?

I would like to have a Make target:

   test

which just ran the conformance tests to make sure everything was ok.

On another note: XML Schema support is needed for GNUJAXP. A lot of
J2EE technologies have settled on, or are discussing using, Schema for
deployment descriptors.

Is there anyone interested in taking on Schema support for GNUJAXP?
Maybe someone could ask on the SAX list?

Nic