classpathx-xml

Re: [Classpathx-xml] false/false illegal setting for namespaces is permi

From: David Brownell
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-xml] false/false illegal setting for namespaces is permitted
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2002 19:02:50 -0800

> As part of a project, I put together a feature/property checker,
> and one of the things that it spotted is that GNU JAXP allows
> the illegal namespaces=false, namespace-prefixes=false setting.

SAX doesn't actually specify what should happen when you
try to use it.  I think a good practice would be to report
an error when you try to _run_ with it, and in fact I'll
check in a fix to make that happen.  (I can all to easily
imagine code going from default true/false to false/true
by going through false/false instead of true/true, and
there's no reason to treat that as an error.)

- Dave