classpathx-xml

Re: [Classpathx-xml] Errors building GNU JAXP 1.1 with Cygwin

From: Phil Shaw
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-xml] Errors building GNU JAXP 1.1 with Cygwin
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 10:52:15 +0100

On 16 Oct 2004, at 10:12, Chris Burdess wrote:

> > I'm afraid this is feeling rather like a maze to me at the moment. I
> > would appreciate further pointers on the make sequence and the
> > purpose of these elements. Thanks.
>
> I'm afraid you've pretty much reached the limits of my understanding
> of GNU autotools as well, but despite the various stuff emitted by
> aclocal I recommend you put specific code to handle the Cygwin case in
> sosuffix.ac (as is currently present for the Darwin case) and act on
> that. -- Chris Burdess

Chris,

Thanks, I reached that limit pretty early on! For the time being I
have extracted a pure Java sub-set of GNU JAXP, which is enough for
my immediate requirements.

Incidentally, the gnu.xml.dom.ImplementationSource class has an
awkward dependency on gnu.xml.libxmlj.

I'll come back to libxmlj in due course, but I'd rather find an XSL
solution that is truly portable (and GPL). I suppose the terms for
James Clark's XT processor are incompatible with GPL? Must we have
all copyright assigned to FSF?

http://www.blnz.com/xt/xt-20020426a-src/index.html

Best regards,

Phil