cons-discuss

Usage

From: Jason Thomas
Subject: Usage
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 11:43:57 -0700

I have a large hierarchical system with a conscript file in
each directory listing the details for the files in that directory.
I include in the conscript file a call to Objects.  Most of my
conscripts look like this:

Import qw( CONS );
@SOURCES = qw(
   foo.c
);
Objects $CONS @SOURCES;

In my Construct file I use the Build command to refer to all of
the conscript files.

This of course produces a bunch of .o's.  Now I want to link
them together.  If I use Program I get a message like:
<whatever>
   built (at least) two different ways:

If I use Command I don't see a way to assure that Command
only executes at the end of all the objects being built.  Is AfterBuild
supposed to run at the end of all other production rules?  I
couldn't tell since I couldn't get it to run at all.

I've arranged my system this way because I only want the top
level Construct to know about conscript files, but not the list of
sources contained there.  I can abandon this if it's wishful thinking
with cons.

I'm using Cons 2.3 with Cons::Plus

Any pointers appreciated.

Thanks,