cons-discuss

Re: Request for comments: CONS specification

From: Pierre THIERRY
Subject: Re: Request for comments: CONS specification
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 01:43:51 +0200

> I really have the feeling you reinvent the wheel, and your analysis
> misses one fundamental point : what is missing in other
> implementations that you will bring with a new cons?

I don't know other implementations precisely enough to tell it some of
my ideas are missing, in todo lists or so. But I don't think any build
tool provide a guessing system as complete as the one we are planning to
have.

The two others tools I consider really complete out there are SCons and
AAP. Boht are written in Python. Python has great advantages, but I
really dislike it. Because I have been using it intensively for some
time, I'm being better and better at Perl, and like it very much.

I think it's the main point why I would work on Cons instead of going
into another valuable existing project.

Specifically,
le Moine Fou
--