consensus

Re: [GNU/consensus] [whistle] I.0 Looking Through The Prism

From: Francesco
Subject: Re: [GNU/consensus] [whistle] I.0 Looking Through The Prism
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 01:49:02 +0000 (UTC)

hellekin <address@hidden> writes:

> = GNU/consensus Whistle =

Thanks kellekin! Really a nice and informative read! I hope to see more and
more of it!

> Of course all can mourn the loss of groups, a fantastic feature of
> StatusNet^H<tt>GNU social</tt>, and the lack of bridges to other
> systems--including its own past incarnation, as one ''may be clicking
> dead links''[2]. That is not the first time such a thing occurs in the
> (federated) Web.

What hurts me the most is the absence of RSS feeds for public timelines [1],
as an avid user of RSS (and this seems to break oStatus compatibility too).

Having said that, Evan (e14n) did a great job, had (in my opinion) a great
intuition and agrees with you on the fact that we should avoid crowded
instances!

[1] https://github.com/e14n/pump.io/issues/55