[coreutils] source code for FUNC symbols in ELF not found

From: Arvind Ayyangar
Subject: [coreutils] source code for FUNC symbols in ELF not found
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 23:16:24 -0400

Hi all,
   I was disassembling the core utils and looking at the  source
files. I see that many symbols present in the binary header (e.g.
rev_strcmp_df_name) as functions (FUNC) are not present in the source
code.. i.e. there is no corresponding C code for those symbols..
Could someone please explain why this is so and where the source for
the functions can be found ?

--
Cheers
Arvind