Re: PATCH: relpath

From: Peng Yu
Subject: Re: PATCH: relpath
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 11:18:53 -0600

> Given there are existing realpath utils in both BSD and Debian,

It is not necessarily everybody knows realpath. By default ubuntu
doesn't have realpath installed. I'm not sure we should make the name
less obvious than it should be just because there is a different that
happen share some commonalities. Figuring out there is a option
--relative in realpath is always going to be harder than figure out
there is a command named relpath. When we name a function, we should
emphasize more how users are going to find it.

I'll let other people comment on the choice of the name for the users'
perspective.

--
Regards,
Peng