Re: removing "su" from coreutils [Re: Fwd: [PULL] su

From: Karel Zak
Subject: Re: removing "su" from coreutils [Re: Fwd: [PULL] su
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 10:53:59 +0200

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 12:39:21PM -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> it would be nice to find a single home for these guys (su, login, sulogin) as
> we've got overlap with at least 4 projects: coreutils shadow util-linux
> sysvinit.

 mountpoint
    - already merged from sysvinit into utils-linux 2.20

 sulogin
    - already merged from sysvinit into utils-linux 2.22

 last, lastb, wall, mesg
    - will be merged from sysvinit into util-linux (2.22 ?)

 pidof
    - from sysvinit; not sure, probably into procps-ng

 su
    - will be merged from coreutils into util-linux (2.22 ?)

 login
    - already merged Suse version into original login from utils-linux.
      The result is PAM-only login(1) with /etc/login.defs support.

      Fedora and Suse already use this login(1), Arch plans this change.

    Karel

--
 Karel Zak  <address@hidden>
 http://karelzak.blogspot.com