Re: Hide rootfs filesystem in df

From: Philipp Thomas
Subject: Re: Hide rootfs filesystem in df
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 20:21:28 +0200

On Mon, 24 Sep 2012 13:35:49 +0000, "Voelker, Bernhard"
<address@hidden> wrote:

>I'm also using OpenSuSE and can't understand why they're
>distributing such an old version (8.16 from Mar 26th
>while 8.19 is out) in the new 12.2 distro.

Being the guy that maintains coreutils for openSUSE I can answer that.
First of all every distribution at one point in the release cycle
declares a package freeze, meaning that no package updates are allowed
anymore.

Now remember that openSUSE 12.2 was originally planned to be released
a couple of months earlier and thus the freeze was declared even
earlier and was *not* lifted when the release was pushed back. That's
why 8.16 was the last version I was able to push before freeze.

Please also note that coreutils development project is Base:System and
there I try to keep coreutils current and build them for quite a few
releases. But because coreutils dropped su from 8.18 and the
util-linux that contains the up-to-date su hasn't been released yet, I
have to wait until that has been done to update coreutils. BTW, if
you're interested in co-maintaining the openSUSE coreutils package
just tell me so in private mail.

hth
Philipp