Re: Some question regarding tail and option "-c"

From: Philipp Thomas
Subject: Re: Some question regarding tail and option "-c"
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 17:26:53 +0200

* Robert Milasan (address@hidden) [20121004 09:33]:

> I don't think we are using some old POSIX standard.

We're not using it but have been defining it. Our spec file for coreutils
passes DEFAULT_POSIX2_VERSION=199209 to configure.

This has been carried over from back when we needed it to make the
coretutils in SLES not change behaviour and nobody ever since changed it.
IMO it should never have been used for the openSUSE coreutils and I'll
change it for openSUSE factory with the update to 8.19.

Philipp