Re: coreutils builds on Hydra broken since Oct. 5th

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: coreutils builds on Hydra broken since Oct. 5th
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 22:32:06 +0100

Hi,

Bernhard Voelker <address@hidden> skribis:

> http://hydra.nixos.org/job/gnu/coreutils-master/build/errors, e.g.
> http://hydra.nixos.org/build/3338727/log/raw:
>
>   [qsource root is vly0xg7509kpdxbk5bd5g92l7bssvcsd-git-export
>   [q[ppatching sources
>   [q[pautoconfPhase
>   sed: can't read src/wheel-gen.pl: No such file or directory

The recipe had a hack to replace the /usr/bin/perl shebang with the
right path:

http://git.sv.gnu.org/cgit/hydra-recipes.git/tree/coreutils/release.nix?id=b09570ad2c3c5b179213cd0bbfecedced7ca0ce1#n66

I just removed it:

http://git.sv.gnu.org/cgit/hydra-recipes.git/commit/?id=178efc3c953c2c62fb328c59cf099ebc2b77ed7d

> Other builds stop like this:
> http://hydra.nixos.org/build/3338726/log/tail-reload

Yeah, this may look obscure...  What happened is that the ‘tarball’ job
failed; however, even though it failed, it produced a result, which is a
copy build tree when it failed (the build tree of a failed build can be
accessed by clicking on “Failed build produced output”.)

That output was then passed to the ‘build’ job (and similar), which then
failed because it contains no ‘configure’ script, etc.

Pádraig Brady <address@hidden> skribis:

> It seems I'm no longer getting emails
> from the Hydra build daemon, as I got none
> of the above info.

Messages are sent upon status change.  So presumably you got one when
‘tarball’ first failed, and then no longer received any.

HTH,
Ludo’.