Re: maint: apply basic styling to online manual

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: maint: apply basic styling to online manual
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 13:23:43 -0600

Pádraig Brady wrote:
> The complete effects are not in place yet,
> but you can get an idea of the styling by
> comparing the single page docs (styled):
>   http://www.gnu.org/s/coreutils/manual/coreutils.html
> and separated nodes (unstyled):
>   http://www.gnu.org/s/coreutils/manual/html_node/index.html

The main body looks nice.  The drop shadow border is too loud for my
taste and calls attention to itself.  Style should be invisible but my
first reaction to seeing it is, "Wow that is some border!"  It also
looks a little strange to me since it is symmetric all around without
a directed light source implication.

Could the drop shadow be more subdued so that it doesn't jump off the
page so much?

Thanks,
Bob