stty: problem if IXON enabled and DC3 char was received

From: Tomas Krcka
Subject: stty: problem if IXON enabled and DC3 char was received
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2016 09:06:18 +0100

Hi,
  I had a problem with setting baudrate of serial line by stty command.
I tried to change the baudrate, but the stty went to frozen state.
I found out that problem is that kernel has IXON enabled as default
and before change of speed the line received DC3 char. It's illegal
character in this situation, it happens once per 100 starts of the
system.

Example situation:
   IXON is enabled in kernel by default and a serial line received DC3
char and then you can not disable IXON. There is waiting for empty
buffer in kernel but sending is stopped because of DC3 char.

If TCSADRAIN is changed to TCSANOW then it's correct.

Do you have any opinion about the situation ? Is it possible to change
TCSADRAIN to TCSANOW or create a new parameter of stty to change the
serial line settings immediately ?

Thanks,
Tomas