Re: updates are disabled PLEASE HELP

From: Bernhard Voelker
Subject: Re: updates are disabled PLEASE HELP
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2017 15:49:52 +0200

On 08/07/2017 03:43 AM, Jake Silver wrote:
> i've been digging for two months now. i'm at a major loss and also fear
> that my free geek, linux mint, ubuntunu laptop is going to burst into
> flames if i am not able to update.
>
> i've googled to the four winds, countless times now and know essentially
> nothing about command prompt.
>
> here's the continued error:
>
> The method driver /usr/lib/apt/methods/http could not be found.The method
> driver /usr/lib/apt/methods/http could not be found.The method driver
> /usr/lib/apt/methods/http could not be found.The method driver
> /usr/lib/apt/methods/http could not be found.The method driver
> /usr/lib/apt/methods/http could not be found.The method driver
> /usr/lib/apt/methods/http could not be found.
>
> PLEASE HELP

You reached the GNU Coreutils mailing list on which topics are discussed
which are related to the programs of the coreutils suite.
see https://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/manual/

The situation you describe is totally unrelated to one of these programs.
Therefore, I'm afraid you won't get much help here.
You're better off asking on the right channel for your distribution
(in this case Mint or Ubuntu?).

P.S. Putting your laptop on fire won't help either. ;-)

Have a nice day,
Berny