Re: bug#28224: Need to know technical support for GnuWin32: CoreUtils 5.

From: Eric Blake
Subject: Re: bug#28224: Need to know technical support for GnuWin32: CoreUtils 5.3.0 versions
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 12:59:36 -0500

tag 28224 notabug
thanks

On 08/24/2017 06:24 AM, Ravinder wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are using GnuWin32: CoreUtils 5.3.0 versions in our project, so
> requesting you to know whether the technical support is still giving for
> these versions, so that we will plan our project to use the latest version
> of GnuWin32: CoreUtils.

This site does not maintain GnuWin32.  You'll have to ask the GnuWin32
folks how long they plan to support something, and I doubt that anyone
working on GnuWin32 reads this list.  As such, I'm closing this issue in
the upstream coreutils bug database, as it is not an upstream bug, so
much as a support question to your choice of vendor, which should
therefore be directed to your vendor.

As it is, 5.3.0 is ancient, compared to current upstream 8.27.  Using
software that is more than 12 years old is rather risky on your part,
since even some of the longest Enterprise contracts you can purchase
tend not to last that long.  So if I had to guess, I'd state that
GnuWin32 is unsupported.

> Kindly feel free & revert me ASAP.

"revert me" doesn't make much sense; did you mean "reply to me"?

--
Eric Blake, Principal Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc.           +1-919-301-3266