Re: fix spurious gnulib test-faccessat failure

From: Jim Meyering
Subject: Re: fix spurious gnulib test-faccessat failure
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 08:05:04 -0800

On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 7:58 AM, Jim Meyering <address@hidden> wrote:
> FYI, I've just pushed the following to gnulib.
> I noticed this new parallel test failure when coreutils started
> using the very latest from gnulib.
>
>     test-faccessat.c: correct BASE definition to avoid parallel test failure
>     * tests/test-faccessat.c (BASE): Define using this file's name, not
>     that of test-lstat.c.  Using the latter caused this test to fail
>     sometimes when run concurrently with test-lstat.

I assured myself that there was no other similar bug by running this
from a gnulib clone:

$ grep -r define.BASE tests |perl -lne '/test-(.+?)\.c.*"test-\1\.t/ or print'
tests/test-canonicalize-lgpl.c:#define BASE "t-can-lgpl.tmp"
tests/test-canonicalize.c:#define BASE "t-can.tmp"
tests/test-fts.c:#define BASE "t-fts.tmp"
tests/test-perror2.c:#define BASE "test-perror2"