Re: parse-datetime.y - Military Timezones are inverted from the correct

From: Assaf Gordon
Subject: Re: parse-datetime.y - Military Timezones are inverted from the correct sense
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:29:44 -0600

Hello,

(adding bug-gnulib again :) )

Thank you both for the review and suggestions.

On 2019-08-10 1:46 a.m., Paul Eggert wrote:
> Assaf Gordon wrote:
>> I suggest the attached patch for coreutils.
>
> OK, except I'd remove "in accordance with rfc5322" since RFC 5322
> recommends treating all these zones as if they were UTC. Also, "T"
> continues to have its military meaning (i.e., between "S" and "U") if
> it's used properly.

Good point about 'T'.
After adding an additional test for it, I realized the gnulib fix wasn't
complete because it didn't negate the 'T' value from UTC+7 to UTC-7.
Attached suggested follow-up patch for gnulib.

On Sat, Aug 10, 2019 at 05:40:30PM +0200, Bernhard Voelker wrote:
> On 8/10/19 4:26 AM, Assaf Gordon wrote:
> > This results in a user-visible change for gnu date,
> > I suggest the attached patch for coreutils.
>
> The gnulib update requires the attached to calm down sc_po_check.
> You may squash that into your gnulib update commit (or leave it separate).

Good catch.
The attached patch-set includes this fix,
and the updated NEWS wording.
(I'll wait until gnulib is updated with the additional fix,
then create a new coreutil patch with the latest gnulib.)

regards,
 - assaf