Using coreutils nohup in Windows

From: Keith Neargarder
Subject: Using coreutils nohup in Windows
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2020 22:50:32 +0000 (UTC)

I am trying to execute a Perl script using nohup but I get the error:nohup:
cannot run command 'test.pl': Exec format error
Command I am trying to run is:nohup test.pl > test.log 2>&1 &
I have figured out that it will run if I put "perl" before my script:nohup perl
test.pl > test.log 2>&1 &
My perl.exe is located at c:\Perl\bin\perl.exe
I have .pl files associated to the perl.exe and can run Perl scripts at the
command prompt simply by typing in the script name without the "perl" command
prefix.
I have also tried the shebang at the top of my test.pl script (with forward and
backward slashes):#!\Perl\bin\perl
No matter what I try nohup doesn't want to execute the Perl script unless I
prefix it with the call to the "perl" executable.
I would really like to avoid that if possible. Why doesn't the file association
work with nohup?