Re: "ls command" Suggest --ignore case switch for wildcards, regex use.

From: asymptosis
Subject: Re: "ls command" Suggest --ignore case switch for wildcards, regex use.
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 07:42:49 +1100

I'm not a coreutils developer, so I don't have any comment on whether this is a
good idea for `ls`. I just wanted to point out that you can probably accomplish
what you want with `find`. Maybe something like this:

find -maxdepth 1 -type f -iregex "<pattern>" -exec ls {} +

(Or maybe "-iname", depending on what you're trying to match.)