FYI: issues with SEEK_HOLE, SEEK_DATA and ZFS

From: Pádraig Brady
Subject: FYI: issues with SEEK_HOLE, SEEK_DATA and ZFS
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 23:14:32 +0100

FYI I just noticed cp from coreutils 9 is causing
issues with SEEK_HOLE and SEEK_DATA on ZFS.
https://github.com/openzfs/zfs/issues/11900

There was a proposed zfs fix there, but it doesn't seem to have addressed the
issue.
I'm not sure how coreutils might detect this issue and avoid SEEK_DATA.
Perhaps we could check fs type of the source and avoid SEEK_DATA for zfs?
Note gentoo is blocking the update of coreutils due to this issue.

cheers,
Pádraig