mkdir missing parent error message

From: Brian Kuhns
Subject: mkdir missing parent error message
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 20:33:51 -0400

Hi,

The current message "mkdir: cannot create directory
`full/path/from/argument’: No such file or directory"is a little confusing
as it sounds like the "No such file or directory" refers to the directory
which was just mentioned, and of course that directory doesn't exist, I'm
trying to create it. I think a message like `mkdir: cannot create directory
`full/path/from/argument` missing parent directory `full/path/from`would be
more clear.

Regards,

Brian Kuhns