ASCII to PS that respects ASCII Form Feed (Ctrl-L)

From: Andrew Yu
Subject: ASCII to PS that respects ASCII Form Feed (Ctrl-L)
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 21:14:31 +0200

I wonder if there is a package for this purpose.

I've been looking for a way to convert a plain text file into a
PostScript file.  The plain text file is hard wrapped and is hard
page-breaked with ASCII Form Feeds, commonly represented as Control-L.

The program MUST:
  * Be able to use a monospace font;
  * Break pages at Line Feeds.

The program MUST NOT:
  * Treat anything other than form feeds and newlines specially;
    Groff is not suitable because of how it treats . and \.
  * Add borders or columns, or other fancy stuff.

The program SHOULD:
  * Take standard input and give standard output;
  * Have an option to use a custom font;
  * Set text off the page's borders when a line is longer than the page
    width, rather than wrapping;
  * Set text off the bottom of the page when no Form Feed has been
    encountered and the text is higher than the page height.

The program SHOULD NOT:
  * Add any margins;
  * Wrap text.

SHOULD and SHOULD NOT are optional, but good to have / not have.