Split pathchk's -p into multiple flags?

From: Victor Engmark
Subject: Split pathchk's -p into multiple flags?
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2023 12:07:32 +1300

Hi,

I'd like to enforce the POSIX portable file name character set in my
projects, which `pathchk -p` does, but I don't want to enforce the
POSIX maximum path component length of 14 characters, which it also
does. Would it be useful to introduce separate flags for the three
rules enforced by `-p`? One to enforce non-empty file names, one to
enforce the POSIX portable file name character set, and one to enforce
the POSIX maximum path component length.

Kind regards
Victor Engmark