Re: env: follow up on argv0 setting feature

From: Pádraig Brady
Subject: Re: env: follow up on argv0 setting feature
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 14:18:21 +0100

On 25/08/2023 03:48, Matheus Afonso Martins Moreira wrote:
About five months ago, I posted an env feature request on this list:
the ability to set the value of argv[0].

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/coreutils/2023-03/msg00002.html

I also sent a patch:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/coreutils/2023-03/msg00003.html

After some discussion, I was informed it was under consideration:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/coreutils/2023-03/msg00012.html

We're still considering and will adjust as needed.

Since then I've been tracking commits to the coreutils master branch.
I didn't see anything related to this feature in these past few months
so I thought I'd follow up here.

Has a decision been made?

We're currently about to release a version focusing on stability.
The next release will focus on new features, and this
will be considered. I expect this feature will be included.

thanks for the reminder,

Pádraig