cybop-developers

Re: [cybop-developers] CMake Linking

From: Christian Heller
Subject: Re: [cybop-developers] CMake Linking
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2017 23:19:34 +0100

Hi Enrico,

> Ah, after checking the source code i think i already figured out what the
> problem raised. The utf8encoder has no else case for the wcsnrtombs
> So looks like the GNU_LINUX_OPERATING_SYSTEM flag is not set correctly.
> The n is -1 and will process the else block and print the error message that
> you can see.
>
> I tried to set this in the cmake script by using the following lines, but i’m
> not sure if this works!
> IF (UNIX AND NOT APPLE)
>     add_definitions(-DGNU_LINUX_OPERATING_SYSTEM)
> ENDIF()

it works now! Fine. Thanks. Well done!

> But two be honest i think
> 1. it would be correct to use the official preprocessor macros (if I read
> this correctly it should be __linux)
>       You can check this by using the following command gcc   -dM -E -x c
> /dev/null if linux is by default among the macros?

I investigated this carefully and changed (almost) all source code
using such macros. Only standards compliant macros are used now.
There's about 20 files left to be processed in directory:
src/executor/commander/
Then it's done. (See email before. Possibly not compilableright now.)

CAUTION! I removed linux as fallback OS and let the last preprocessor
branch report an error instead now:

#else
    #error "Could not compile system. The operating system is not supported.
Check out defined preprocessor macros!"
#endif

You may probably remove (or comment out) your workaround again:

IF (UNIX AND NOT APPLE)
    add_definitions(-DGNU_LINUX_OPERATING_SYSTEM)
ENDIF()

> 2. we should fix the place where the else is missing (utf_8_encoder.c line
> 299 is one of it)

Very good idea, that saved me a lot of time.
I fixed this now. In file "utf_8_decoder.c" it already was done correctly.

My plans for CYBOI in the next future:
- finish up last things with stack handling
- complete deep copy
- release CYBOP 0.19.0
- finally work on the GUI (looking forward to it very much)

I tell you all when I finished editing the preprocessor macro stuff
and tested the compilation.

Reading you soon
Christian