cybop-developers

Re: [cybop-developers] Preparation of release 0.19.0

From: Enrico Gallus
Subject: Re: [cybop-developers] Preparation of release 0.19.0
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2017 16:49:23 +0900

Hi Christian,

No worries i am still alive. Quite a lot of things to do at the moment, therefore I unfortunately had no time for cybob..

What i read so far it is not possible to extend the cpack-command by custom commands for the pre-packaging. Which means i can not define the shell script to be executed as a pre-command of the packaging.

BUT I did something else, which will take some load off your shoulders.
Unfortunately the shell script made a lot of trouble on macintosh, so i hope you don’t mind if i use python instead. (Maybe someday this can be rewritten using cybol)

You can find the script at build/cmake/adjustcopyright.py
The script will do exactly the same as the prepare_release.sh, but with some small but very practicable differences. Here are the differences

1. The version number of the release is taken from the packaging.cmake and given as argument to the python-script (only one place to adjust version numbers). This version number is used to replace all the version numbers in the copyrights of all defined files.
2. The copyright and version lines are matched by using regex no need to adjust any dates anymore.
 a) the 1999-2016 will be automatically adjusted to 1999-2017 and next year to 1999-2018 and so on
 b) the date in the copyright version part will be automatically adjusted to the current date
3. less error prone (during my test, it found at least one file which was not adjusted by the prepare_release.sh)

All this can be forced by executing 'make adjustcopyright’
I hope you like it! If you are satisfied you can remove the prepare_release.sh and only need to add the make step to the release.txt

Should the python file get a copyright-entry to? Then we have to add python files to the algorithm (easily add the .py extension to the fileFilterExtension-Array).
Maybe it would be better to work with some black list, rather than to use a white list? Maybe there are other files without the extensions which have copyright information?

Something else, unfortunately due to the massive changes on cyboi (incredible work!), i can not build it anymore, because the tests are not compilable anymore.
I wonder why you don’t have this kind of issue? Here what happens if i try to execute the build.

Enricos-MBP:build enrico$ make
Scanning dependencies of target compare_pointer_test
[  4%] Building C object CMakeFiles/compare_pointer_test.dir/Users/enrico/Projects/cybop/test/executor/comparator/compare_pointer_tester.c.o
/Users/enrico/Projects/cybop/test/executor/comparator/compare_pointer_tester.c:44:10: fatal error:
      '../../../src/executor/modifier/copier/array_copier.c' file not found
#include "../../../src/executor/modifier/copier/array_copier.c"
         ^
1 error generated.
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/compare_pointer_test.dir/Users/enrico/Projects/cybop/test/executor/comparator/compare_pointer_tester.c.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/compare_pointer_test.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
Enricos-MBP:build enrico$

Greetings,

Enrico