dazuko-devel

[Dazuko-devel] Re: Dazuko-devel Digest, Vol 17, Issue 1

From: Ernest N. Wilcox Jr.
Subject: [Dazuko-devel] Re: Dazuko-devel Digest, Vol 17, Issue 1
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 12:44:25 -0400

On Wednesday 31 December 1969 06:59 pm, address@hidden wrote:
  | cut ----------------------------------------------------------------------
  |
  | Message: 1
  | Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 17:09:06 +0800 (CST)
  | From: =?big5?q?fred=20wu?= <address@hidden>
  | Subject: [Dazuko-devel] File access with download?
  | To: address@hidden
  |
  | Dear All,
  |
  |   I have brother with the following problem for a long
  | time.Could anyone give me a hand? :(
  |
  |   If I download a file from internet to /home, only
  | the /tmp will have file access and "rename" function
  | will be taken place in /home, right?
  |
  |   Are there any ways to get the file path in /home?
  | (ie. I don't need to have /tmp/oAbdEYCJK but I need
  | /home/download.zip)
  |

  |   Thank you for all your time! This question really
  | brother me a lot!
  |
  |   Thanks!
  |
  | Best,
  | Fred
  | end cut -------------------------------------------------------

If you download a file named program.zip to your home directory, and your user
name (the name you enter when you sign onto your computer) is fred, then the
path to the file is /home/fred/program.zip

The user fred should have access to this file.

This file can also be addressed by the user fred as follows:

~/program.zip

$USER/program.zip

One final note. All this assumes you are using a version of Linux.

Usually .zip files are compressed files under Windows. If the file you are
trying to download is a Windows program, it will not execute in Linux unless
you are using some Windows emulator like wine.

--
Ernie address@hidden
         ICQ 41060744