ddd

DDD and Perl

From: Green, David P
Subject: DDD and Perl
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 10:59:03 +0100

I am using 5.005_03 built for i586-linux together with GNU DDD 3.3.1 on Suse
Linux

The perl debugger does not work at all when I start with --perl scriptname
The following appears in the console

Emacs support available.

Enter h or `h h' for help.

^A^B  DB<1> ^A^B

and no source appears. I am using ddd version 3.3 freshly built from source
but the problem also
occured with version 3.2.

If I choose edit perl settings I get a waiting until perl gets ready
message.

The same version of ddd works correctly on my Mandrake Linux 7.2
distribution but Debian
produces exactly the same fault for a collegue of mine. On digital Unix ddd
3.1.6 seems to work
correctly with perl and the ^A^B never appears.

 This message and any attachments are confidential, for the exclusive use of
the addressee and may be legally privileged.  Any other distribution, use or
reproduction is unauthorised and prohibited. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this
message from your system.

 Visit our internet site at http://www.pilkington.com