ddd

Re: Can commit to SVN (could under CVS though)

From: R. Bernstein
Subject: Re: Can commit to SVN (could under CVS though)
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 15:19:59 -0500

Andrew Gaylard writes:
 > R. Bernstein wrote:
 > > Subject: "Can commit" should be "Can NOT commit"
 > > R. Bernstein writes:
 > >  > I've recently fixed up support for pydb in ddd so that it shows
 > >  > disassembly (if desired), and so that signal-display window now works.
 > >  >
 > >  > This would be my first check-in since the CVS-SVN conversion. But I'm
 > >  > having trouble commiting. In fact I'm having trouble even
 > >  > understanding if I have permission. This
 > >  >   http://sourceforge.net/project/admin/?group_id=7500
 > >  > seems to be reduced from what shown in the old sourceforge
 > >  > interface.
 > >
 > I'm puzzled.  I've just checked the admin screen, and you're permitted to
 > - access CVS (but please don't; we've moved to SVN now)
 > - access SVN
 > - access the SF shell servers
 > - make releases
 >
 > So I dunno...
 >
 > Andrew
 >

 > PS: I presume you've been through SF's help pages on using SVN, right?
 > (Sorry, I didn't mean to insult you :-)

Thanks for checking and the quick reply. Not insulted in the least -
hey, no reasonable suggestion refused. (The important thing is to get
it to work.)

when I do a "svn commit" I get

  Authentication realm: <https://ddd.svn.sourceforge.net:443> SourceForge
Subversion area
  Username: rockyb
  Password for 'rockyb': *my sourceforge password*

  svn: Commit failed (details follow):
  svn: MKACTIVITY of
'/svnroot/ddd/!svn/act/f06c547a-0527-0410-b8be-a1b42f59aab7': 403 Forbidden
(https://ddd.svn.sourceforge.net)
  svn: Your commit message was left in a temporary file:
svn:    '/tmp/ddd/svn-commit.tmp'
  $

I checked and I only have one sf password that I can change. Well,
actually there's two since one is associated with ssh, but this isn't
used for the https connection above. I'll try changing my password on sf.

Thanks again.