ddd

DDD graph display of two dimensional arrays?

From: Peter Toft
Subject: DDD graph display of two dimensional arrays?
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 23:20:27 +0200 (CEST)

Hi there

Focus of this mail is DDD on 1D and 2D arrays.

I have pasted a small C-code program at
http://pastebin.com/f63009dd8
(download from http://pastebin.com/pastebin.php?dl=f63009dd8)
which I like your opinion on.

I compile it with "gcc -g"
Throw a breakpoint on line 59 and run under DDD.

* I can see the contents of the "a"-vector in DDD by
  (gdb) graph display *a @ 3
  Very cool!

* I can see the matrix (2D array) contents of the "c"
  matrix by
  (gdb) graph display c
  Elegant - very cool!

* However how can I use DDD to see the contents of "b"
  similar to the contents of "c"?
  The best I can do is
  (gdb) graph display b
  (gdb) graph display (*b[0] @ 3)  dependent on 3
  (gdb) graph display (*b[1] @ 3)  dependent on 3
  ** if 3 is the "b" graph display **
  Obviously I would like to do the display in one command rather
  than three, and I think I will manually have to supply
  the length of the vectors, but it seems that I cannot do a
  compound DDD-operation like
  (gdb) graph display **b @3 @2
  Am I overlooking something or is it simply a limitation of DDD?

My humble thank you to all of you DDD hackers - very very nice program
you have made!!

--
Peter Toft, Ph.D. address@hidden http://petertoft.dk