ddd

ANNOUNCE: New release candidate ddd-3.3.12-rc1

From: Peter Wainwright
Subject: ANNOUNCE: New release candidate ddd-3.3.12-rc1
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 19:57:47 +0000

ANNOUNCE: DDD 3.3.12-rc1 (Latrigg)

The last official release of DDD, 3.3.11, was made on 16th March 2005,
well over three years ago.

But, DDD developers have not been idle.

Rocky Bernstein in particular has done some great work in his "pydb"
branch.  DDD can now be used effectively in debugging Python programs
(pydb), Bash scripts (bashdb) and Makefiles (remake)...

So, I'd like to announce the immediate availability of a release
candidate, ddd-3.3.12-rc1.  You can download it via ftp from
alpha.gnu.org:

ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/ddd/ddd-3.3.12-rc1.tar.gz

Please grab it, compile (./configure && make && make install) and
test.  We are ready to receive bug reports as always on our bug
tracker at https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=ddd

We'd like to hear about your experience with the new debugger
facilities.

But, it's just as important to know of any regressions before we put
out a new version.  Is there anything that used to work in 3.3.11
which doesn't work now?  With the extensive changes which have been
made there's almost sure to be something, and now's the chance to get
it fixed.

Peter Wainwright