ddd

Re: Problem with ddd and source file visibility

From: shaunak saha
Subject: Re: Problem with ddd and source file visibility
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 01:43:26 +0530

Hi,

It can be that your during execution your program is taking library from different location,not "A" and "B"
Do an
ldd <program_name> to check which libraries it is taking during execution.

If it is taking from system, not the A and B compiled by you,then you can have this problem as in that case source code for those libraries are not there.

Try to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH and then again do an "ldd" to check which libraries it is taking.If still it shows older libraries you check your compilation flags and do "-L" to set the library paths during compilation.

If ldd command shows the libraries "A" and "B" then in ddd  you should not have any problem to debug the source code of libraries.
Just use 'GDB Settings' dialog box of DDD in that case.

Hope that helps

Regards,
Shaunak