debian-sf-devel

Re: [Debian-sf-devel] debian-SF 2.6-0+6

From: Christian BAYLE
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-devel] debian-SF 2.6-0+6
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 01:33:44 +0100

Hi Jeremy, thank you for testing

It seems to me that you were upgrading from a 2.6-..
And in this case debian_meta_data maybe doesn't exist yet.
I think we can correct this, though 2.6-0+6 were planed to be:
-from scratch-only until 2.6-0+5
-since 2.6-0+6 from scratch or upgrade from 2.5-...
I'm almost sure we didn't test upgrade from our very experimental 2.6- <
0+5

As we repeated many time, 2.6 series are still experimental.

I don't really understand why you can't connect.
Normally db operation when they break let the db in a coherent state.
I think that your defaults in debconf maybe broke your config, though
AFAIK they should not.

a dpkg-reconfigure with full questions should repare this.

You should also be able to downgrade to 2.6-0+5 smoothly as a temporary
workaround

Cheers

Christian