debian-sf-users

Re: [Debian-sf-users] Any ldap help at all?

From: Roland Mas
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-users] Any ldap help at all?
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 22:45:53 +0100

Tim Uckun (2002-01-04 14:32:13 -0700) :

> I know that none of this is the fault of you or sourceforge. Maybe
> someone can send me their slapd.conf file and a ldif so I can create
> the files and the databases by hand?

I posted my slapd.conf file on the -devel list earlier today.  I
talked with someone on IRC tonight, and he seemed to have a possible
fix for the slapd bug.  I asked him to post the patch to the
bug-report, you might like to check it again in a few days.

  As for the LDIF file, I'm not sure.  The install-ldap.sh script
contains two targets, "empty" and "reset", that may help you
regenerate a minimal directory.  I once had a broken LDAP install, and
repeatedly running "install-ldap.sh empty" and "install-ldap.sh reset"
in a random order eventually got me a working directory.

  I'll post a follow-up on the SSL bug soon, asking what the
maintainer's plans to fix the bug are.  I encourage you to start an
"independent" bitching too :-)

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

At a train station, the trains stop.  At a bus station, the buses stop.
I have a workstation on my desk...