debian-sf-users

Re: [Debian-sf-devel] Re: [Debian-sf-users] New Pre-Release 2.6-0+7

From: Tim Uckun
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-devel] Re: [Debian-sf-users] New Pre-Release 2.6-0+7
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 09:51:21 -0700

This usually means that there is a different password beetween SF and
slapd
or something wrong with auth in /etc/ldap/slapd.conf
Can you send me the corresponding /etc/ldap/slapd.conf
and also output of /usr/lib/sourceforge/bin/install-ldap.sh list
passwd in /etc/sourceforge/database.inc should be the same you gave to
slapd config

I had similar problems. Here is what I did.

There are two sets of configuration files ones in /etc/openldap and ones in /etc/ldap. They have to be the same (one is for the server the other is for the clients). I solved this by making one a symlink to the other. I am pretty sure this will get me in trouble eventually but for now it seemed to solve a whole host of problems.

I know that ldap support is crucial for a whole host of applications but if you ask me openldap is kind of a PITA.

:wq
Tim Uckun
US Investigations Services/Due Diligence
 http://www.diligence.com/