debian-sf-users

Re: [Debian-sf-users] More CVS anamalies.

From: Christian BAYLE
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-users] More CVS anamalies.
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 18:57:15 +0100

Tim Uckun wrote:

> At 09:55 AM 2/28/2002 +0100, Roland Mas wrote:
> >Tim Uckun (2002-02-27 16:14:41 -0700) :
> >
> > > First of all I would like to know if the debian-sf maintainers would
> > > prefer to hear about these things on the listserve or if they would
> > > rather have me submit them as bugs.
> >
> >   It's not that important, but if the bug exists in a released version
> >of the package (i.e. the one currently present in Debian testing or
> >unstable), I think it's worth a bug report in the Debian BTS, so that
> >we can keep track of it.
>
> Well I am on debian unstable. Unfortunately I took the unstable route. In
> retrospect I whish I had chosen testing instead unstable is a bit too
> unstable for my taste.  Can I roll back by changing my sources.list? I was
> thinking that eventually testing would catch up to where I am now with
> unstable.

Which version do you use?

> Anyways so far I have not done a apt-get upgrade because I am afraid it
> will break my sourceforge. Even though I only have on eproject on it now I
> use it a lot.

apt-get upgrade shouldn't break anything
but there was big change in default ldap configuration
admin user changed his place in the ldap tree

Your CVS problem, make me think that you use 2.6, 2.6 is more than
unstable, it's experimental
I fixed cvs owner problems in the CVS. It was some wrong constants in
ldap.php, that make appear
anoncvs_project user with wrong id
But this user won't deseapear until you reset ldap db, it is at the
moment only created, by
web interface at project creation.
But as it is for anonymous, we chroot the pserver and the id/gid used a
those from
/usr/lib/sourceforge/chroot/etc/{passwd, group}

I think i will shortly patch sql2ldif to use only ldap record, and set
chroot/nsswitch.conf to use
ldap too.