debian-sf-users

Re: [Debian-sf-users] Submit News does not work on 2.6.0-8

From: Roland Mas
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-users] Submit News does not work on 2.6.0-8
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 18:39:38 +0200

Soon-Son Kwon (2002-03-26 21:37:14 +0900) :

> I did submit some test news but if I click
> "Approve Site News" after submitting news, it does not
> show the news that I just submitted. It says:
>
> No Queued Items Found
> No rejected items found for this week
> No approved items found for this week
>
> But as the "admin", "My Personal Page" tells that
> "There are 3 news bytes awaiting review."
>
> If I click the review, I still cannot see the news as above.

I have been able to reproduce this under certain conditions.  Were you
by any chance submitting news for the "Site News Admin" group?  It
seems that news items submitted for non-public groups are not shown in
the menu of pending items.

  If you can confirm this, we'll have to think about whether we want
to make the "Site News Admin" group public or not.  I don't see much
point in it, and I'd rather make the Submit link on the Site News page
a link to the submission form for the "Site Admin" group instead of
the "Site News Admin".

  What do you think about that?

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Qu'est-ce qui est jaune, qui pèse deux cents kilos et qui chante ?
Un canari.  Belle bête, pas vrai ?