debian-sf-users

[Debian-sf-users] LDAP problems

From: Scott Diedrick
Subject: [Debian-sf-users] LDAP problems
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 18:00:08 -0500

So I am having a problem getting through the install.  It keeps dieing
around the LDAP section.  I am a novice to LDAP so I can't tell what is
wrong and/or how to test it.  I can connect to the server with a kde LDAP
client and see the LDAP tree.  Though, if I try any user and password it
fails.  I have 1 user "admin".  I also put the same admin password in the
rootpw section of sldap.conf, but to no avail.  I always get the error:
LDAP Server OK : dn=dc=stihealthcare,dc=com
Changing SF_robot passwd using admin account
ldap_initialize( <DEFAULT> )
ldap_bind: Invalid credentials

The server name is srcctl.stihealthcare.com.  And the dn looks correct.

Any help and I think I would have your children.

Scott Diedrick

Full output:
(Reading database ... 68962 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace sourceforge 2.6-0+9 (using sourceforge_2.6-0+9_all.deb)
...Unpacking replacement sourceforge ...
Setting up sourceforge (2.6-0+9) ...
=====>sys_ldap_base_dn=dc=stihealthcare,dc=com
=====>sys_ldap_admin_dn=cn=admin,dc=stihealthcare,dc=com
=====>sys_ldap_bind_dn=cn=SF_robot,dc=stihealthcare,dc=com
Modifying /etc/ldap/slapd.conf
WARNING: Please check referal line in /etc/ldap/slapd.conf
Modifying /etc/libnss-ldap.conf
Modifying /etc/nsswitch.conf
You'll see some debugging info during this installation.
Do not worry unless told otherwise.
It seems your database upgrade went well and smoothly.  That's cool.
Please enjoy using Debian Sourceforge.
Reloading apache modules[Wed Apr 24 19:20:07 2002] [warn] module
config_log_module is already loaded, skipping
[Wed Apr 24 19:20:07 2002] [warn] module mime_module is already loaded,
skipping.
Installing chroot environnement at /var/lib/sourceforge/chroot
Creating /var/lib/sourceforge/bind/dns.head
DNS Config is not complete:
        -Does not do reverse, maybe not in the state of the art
        -Suppose that all servers are in the same box
        -Wizards advices are welcome
Stopping domain name service: named.
Starting domain name service: named.
Modifying inetd for cvs server
CVS usual config is changed for sourceforge one
=====>sys_ldap_base_dn=dc=stihealthcare,dc=com
=====>sys_ldap_admin_dn=cn=admin,dc=stihealthcare,dc=com
=====>sys_ldap_bind_dn=cn=SF_robot,dc=stihealthcare,dc=com
Stopping OpenLDAP: slapd.
Starting OpenLDAP: slapd.
Load ldap
Distinguished Name is dc=stihealthcare,dc=com
Creating ldif file from database
Filling LDAP with database
Setup SF_robot account
=====>sys_ldap_base_dn=dc=stihealthcare,dc=com
=====>sys_ldap_admin_dn=cn=admin,dc=stihealthcare,dc=com
=====>sys_ldap_bind_dn=cn=SF_robot,dc=stihealthcare,dc=com
ldap_bind: Can't contact LDAP server
Stopping OpenLDAP: slapd.
Starting OpenLDAP: slapd.
LDAP Server OK : dn=dc=stihealthcare,dc=com
Adding robot accounts
ldap_bind: Invalid credentials
LDAP Server OK : dn=dc=stihealthcare,dc=com
Changing SF_robot passwd using admin account
ldap_initialize( <DEFAULT> )
ldap_bind: Invalid credentials
dpkg: error processing sourceforge (--install):
 sourceforge