[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Debian-sf-users] Upgrade / Downgrade sf and other recomendations for ou
[Debian-sf-users] Upgrade / Downgrade sf and other recomendations for ourproject
10 Oct 2002 23:13:19 +0200
Hello to everybody:
Congratulations for your software, good job. I installed yesterday the
2.5-31+ version and I only had the SSL problem described by Kees Louwen
and I fixed it with his recomendation (adding "SSLEnable" in the Virtual
Hosts), and I am just a newbie.
We are planning to use a version of debian-sf to manage any kind of
projects (not only software projects).
For more information you can look at "our project" provisional web site
and our manifesto:
In the link "How will be the project management tool" (this page is not
traslated to English already) we explain to not technical people that we
are planning to install a tool like sourceforge.
We think that we can use this kind of tool to manage other kind of free
projects and collaborative work, not necessarily free software projects.
In the future we'll try to modificate debian-sf to our necessities.
Well, after the presentation, the questions:
- Is it difficult to migrate sourceforge from a working 2.5-x version
(with projects) to the 2.6-x version?
- And downgrade from 2.6-x to 2.5-x?
- What versión do you recommend to a project similar to "ourproject"?
- What are the main bugs of 2.6 version? Because, I don't known how to
differenciate one 2.5 bug from one 2.6 bug.
- For these migrations, do you have a test site and a real site? Is it
easy to conmutate between these sites (maybe restoring data from one
database to the other database) in a manner transparently for the users?
Thanks in advance. Any comments and constructive critics will be highly
PS: Sorry for my English...
- [Debian-sf-users] Upgrade / Downgrade sf and other recomendations for ourproject,
Vicente Ruiz <=