debian-sf-users

Re: Fwd: Re: [Debian-sf-users] apache-ssl problem

From: Roland Mas
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: [Debian-sf-users] apache-ssl problem
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 15:13:09 +0200

Kees Louwen (2002-10-07 20:17:01 +0200) :

> Hi, I found finally some time to do some tests and analyses and got
> it working now.

  Cool.  Good news :-)

> I added the keyword 'SSLEnable' to all virtualhosts definitions in
> sf-httpd.conf. With this definition apache-ssl starts and works oke.
> However, now standard apache doesn't work as it doesn't recognize
> the new ssl specific keyword. So I have now two versions of
> sf-httpd.conf, one for apache and one for apache-ssl. Not ideal but
> it works for now. If I have some time again, I will see if we can
> integrate it again, or somebody else must have done this already. I
> have apache-ssl 1.3.26.1+1.48 installed.

  Interesting.  I'll try to fix that.  Should not be too difficult
(I'll probably add a conditional something).  Now my question is: how
do I detect that we're running Apache-SSL or plain Apache?  I thought
I could ask dpkg which one of the two packages is installed, but they
do not seem to be conflicting with each other, so they can both be
installed at the same time.  How does it work then?  Does Apache-SSL
only listen to the HTTPS port, leaving Apache on the HTTP port?  In
the worst case, I'll add a Debconf question.

  Thanks for your report (and fix)!

Roland.
--
Roland Mas