debian-sf-users

Re: [Debian-sf-users] Installing debian-sf

From: Arnar Birgisson
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-users] Installing debian-sf
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 08:44:05 +0000

Brilliant.. thanks.

One question about the certificate, I saw somewhere that a certificate made
with makecert coming with apache-ssl package didn't work, and one should use
apache-mod-ssl package instead. Is this something I have to look out for? I
read your post again and you say "use mod-ssl-makecert", I presume that's the
script that comes with apache-mod-ssl.. so maybe my question is unneccesary.

Arnar

>>> Mathieu Peltier <address@hidden> 11/08/02 08:31 AM >>>

> Just one quick question. I'm planning to install debian sourceforge on a
> dedicated machine running a fresh install of woody. Should I use the
> 2.6-0+13 version or should I get the latest from CVS, or should I start off
> with +13 and apply some patches to it? This installation is to review debian
> sourceforge as an in-house collaboration system, not for the purposes of
> developing sf-debian itself.
I think you should get the latest version from CVS because the LDAP installation
is broken in the 2.6-0+13 package. The bug has been fixed in CVS. Recently some
scripts have been also recently added to make stats working. To know how to get
debian package from CVS, see http://www.nongnu.org/debian-sf/how_to_build.html

> If anyone has any tips they'd like to share with me as I'm installing debian
> for the first time as to which packages to install to make the sourceforge
> installation as painless as one can hope, I'd be glad to hear them.
Please post your questions to the list.
I think you should first install the packages whose Sourceforge depends, and
then run the sourceforge installation itself. Don't forget for example to
generate
first a certificate, overthise Apache will not run (use mod-ssl-makecert).

--
Mathieu Peltier
INRIA Rhône-Alpes - ObjectWeb Consortium