debian-sf-users

[Debian-sf-users] Another DNS Configuration question for debian-sf

From: Vicente Ruiz
Subject: [Debian-sf-users] Another DNS Configuration question for debian-sf
Date: 25 Nov 2002 12:41:13 +0100

Hello everyone,

I have another question related with DNS.

When and why is updated the file /var/lib/sourceforge/bind/dns.zone?

I think that it changes, for example, when you change the IP of your SF
(maybe the domain). But, it's necessary to update this file and the zone
hourly? Because, I don't think that this domain changes when you add a
new project.

Or, in other terms, if I send this zone to an ISP, when I have to resend
this file to the ISP?

Because, I'm now installing debian-sf in my job and I don't admin the
DNS of my company, and I don't want to ask DNS administrator to delegate
a subdomain if it's not necessary.

Thanks,

Vicente