dejagnu

Re: Testing program with random output [newbie]

From: Ben Elliston
Subject: Re: Testing program with random output [newbie]
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 11:17:36 +1000

On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 10:49:19PM +0200, Robert Hartmann wrote:

> I did not see, how I can do my string parsing in the
> "expect"-language, and I don't see, how I can check for an
> indeterministic number of lines.

I think I understand what you're getting at.

What if your program-under-test had a test option that causes a marker
to be output after the last of the lines?  Then you could have a loop
that keeps matching lines, checking them, and if you're still passing
when the marker arrives, you pass.  If you never recieve the marker,
you will time out and fail the test.

Ben